
It has been MONTHS since I joined in "Not Me Monday", a blog carnival hosted by MckMama, but I thought today was the perfect time to get back in the game.
*This week I DID NOT allow my children to watch "Finding Nemo" three consecutive times so that I could attempt to clean the house and pack for our weekend in Buffalo. Nope, not me! I would never plop my children in front of the tv for hours on end so that I could try to be productive!
*At my mom's wedding, I most certainly DID NOT bribe Madison with the promise of a sucker if she stood in some of the wedding photographs. When she finished smiling for the camera and asked for her sucker, I DID NOT inform her that she could have it when we got home to Ohio...in about 6 hours. I would never promise my child something that I didn't actually have right with me!
*On the car trip home from Buffalo, I DID NOT put a newly potty trained Olivia in a Pull-Up for the drive and then when she told me she needed to sit on the potty, I DID NOT tell her to just go ahead and pee in her Pull-Up. I was NOT then slightly irritated when we stopped at a rest stop 15 miles down the road and she had in fact peed in her Pull-Up, just like I told her she could. Being the perfect mother that I am, I wouldn't be annoyed when my child actually listened to something I told her she could do!
*Finally, in one of my finest parenting moments yet, I DID NOT take Madison to use a bathroom at a McDonald's, put her back into her car seat, and start to drive away...only to hear a sweet little voice cry out, "You forgot to buckle me. You forgot to buckle me, mama!". I would NEVER drive with my child unrestrained in the car. And my husband certainly DID NOT laugh hysterically at this incident.
It's so hard being such a great mom...

3 comments:
How funny ... I need to join in to Not Me Monday next week because I have done almost all of those things that you did! Aren't we the best moms?!
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have so done many of the things you mentioned!! When I was potty training my oldest daughter if she needed to go potty at an inopportune time I always told her to go in her pull up. And this same daughter has yelled at me more than once to stop the car b/c I hadn't buckled her in yet.
Too funny.
congrats on your recent anniversary. You and your husband are a gorgeous couple with beautiful daughters.
Have a great day.
p.s I actually gave both my girls lollipops again today at the store. Two of them! Thankfully none were dropped this time. So, no, you're def not alone!
I love this!! In fact, I am about to copy it- I have a lot of "not me" moments too!!
Hope you don't mind... sooo cute!
Post a Comment