Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Seven Years...and a Day

Yesterday was our SEVENTH wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe that it has been seven years already. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday. Then I look at our children and all that we have accomplished in the past seven years...WOW!

I have had several people wondering how we spent our anniversary. Since we spent the past weekend down at Miami (with NO children!!!), we opted for a family oriented evening on the night of our actual anniversary. The girls and I cooked and we made a nice dinner at home and then played outside. It was nice being able to celebrate our anniversary together as a family. Madison kept trying to wish Steve a happy anniversary, but it kept coming out as happy Father's Day. All these celebrations in the month of June are apparently confusing to a two year old!

Our seven year anniversary was made extra special as Mom and Jim decided to get their marriage license on Monday. Now we'll never forget the anniversary of the day they got their wedding license...does this mean we're off the hook for remembering the anniversary of their actual wedding?!?!?

Seven great years...here's to seven more...and seven more..and seven more...and seven more...you get the idea!

June 29th, 2002

3 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys had a great day! Your wedding pics are really pretty!

Erin said...

Hey - I nominated you for an Honest Scrap award. Play along if you wan, but don't feel obligated. Check out my site for the details!

Steve said...

You look as beautiful today as on our wedding day!