Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Little Privacy...Please?!?!?

As I was helping Madison in the bathroom today, she looked at me with a sweet smile and said, "I need pivacy!"

I'm sorry. You need WHAT?

PIVACY?!?!? (aka "privacy" - So we have some "r" issues. What can I say?)

Where on earth did she learn the word privacy? Certainly not from her mother. Privacy is a word I have not been familiar with for at least the past two years and five months (not that anyone's counting, of course). As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet that I don't even know what privacy is anymore!

Is privacy what I get when I need to go to the bathroom and I'm crammed into our 1/2 bath with both kids and the 90 pound dog?

Hmmm...probably not.

Wait! Privacy must be what I get when I'm in the shower and every person in my house suddenly needs me for twenty different reasons, none of which can wait five minutes until my legs are shaved.

Privacy? I think not.

So where did my darling learn about privacy? Who gets privacy? And more importantly, where can I find some?

For now, every time Maddie asks for a little "pivacy", I simply disappear around the corner for a minute until she calls me back so I can help her off the toilet. I guess someone around here deserves a little privacy! I just have to try to not be too bitter that it isn't me...

2 comments:

Erin said...

That is hilarious! It's hard to believe how mature kids can be sometimes. It still amazes me that kids pick up words when you don't realize it. I sneezed yesterday and Griff told me, "bless you" and I almost fell over!

Logan and Brooklynn's Mommy said...

I believe you can thank Virginia for that one! She is always using adult-ish, proper words around the kids that they pick up! It's too cute when they repeat them!