Truth be told, my summer hasn't gone quite as planned thus far. My visions of fun-in-the-sun, drawing with sidewalk chalk, chasing bubbles, swinging, sliding, play dates, and playtime were quickly replaced.
Replaced by visions of puke buckets, dirty bedding, bland foods...
Ok, so my first week of vacation didn't pan out quite as I expected. But now that I have kids, most of my perfect plans seem to end up slightly different than my original expectation. It's called being flexible, right?!?!?
Olivia and I are finally on the mend from the stomach flu (aka the stomach "flute"), so we decided that we would start our fun week TODAY...a mere three days late. But who's counting, right? Plus, I figured if Madison should by chance also get sick, it might as well happen out in public in front of lots of people. Or in the backseat of my car.
So off we headed to the bank to deposit a check. Talk about summer fun! Next stop was was an old neighbor's house, then the library, where the kids drooled over the vast assortment of books. It only took us an hour of browsing before deciding upon two books for each of us to bring home (Mommy included...guess what I'll be doing during nap time today. If you guess laundry, you aren't even close!). I loved watching their little eyes taking in the library with such awe and amazement. Thank goodness they seem to share their parents' passion for reading.
Next stops were the drug store and grocery store, followed by a quick stop home. My slight refrigeration fetish doesn't let me leave groceries in the trunk of a car for more than just a short drive home. Then we quickly headed right back out again to take Daddy some lunch at his office. I think he really appreciated the loud distraction that we provided his day!
After a whirlwind, well-behaved trip all over town, my girls peacefully passed-out (puke free) in the car on the way home and are now enjoying a much deserved and much needed nap.
Now where's that library book of mine?
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad you are all feeling better now! Let summer begin!!
Post a Comment