Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This year I celebrated my third Mother's Day as a MOM! I was fortunate enough to spend the day with my beautiful children and my amazing husband...as well as several of our close family members. My mom and Grandma Lois drove here from Buffalo, David flew in from Nashville, and my Steve's parents and Grandma.





Steve cooked breakfast for all of us, which was a wonderful treat. He is such a great husband and father! He made a delicious egg casserole that he was really hoping would appear on my blog. Since he treated me like royalty today (which isn't terribly different from other days), I figured I should oblige.
Steve's Special Homemade Egg Casserole
And since I'm showing off Steve's breakfast, I wanted to share the centerpiece I made. Steve wasn't thrilled about letting me make this, because he wanted to make the whole breakfast, but he gave in before long. He helped me cut and wash all the fruit, so technically, it was a team effort. Although it didn't turn out exactly like I was expecting, it was still fun!
All in all, today was a fantastic Mother's Day. I had more than one Mother's Day where I worried that I would never have little people celebrating ME on this special day, and that really makes this day extra precious. I'm thankful for the two little girls who have changed my life in so many amazing ways. I'm thankful for my mom, step-mom, and mother-in-law who are nurturing, caring, and understanding. I'm thankful for the three great-grandmas that my children are so fortunate to be able to spend time with.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great photos! Glad to hear your day was wonderful!! Happy Mother's Day, Heather!

Wendy said...

You are a Mom worth celebrating!!! I feel fortunate to be close to such grace and skill.

Erin said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a great Mother's Day! All of your pictures are awesome! Have a great week ... let the countdown begin!!!