Sunday, February 28, 2010

Celebrating....Three Year Old Style!

We decided to keep things pretty low-key this year for the girls' birthday. I figured we have YEARS ahead of us with parties filled with tons of kids and friends, so I decided to keep things to mostly family this year (and make it a weekend long celebration!). 

We kicked off the weekend with dinner at Chick-Fil-A on Friday night. I told the kids they could pick anywhere they wanted to go for dinner and that was their choice. Actually, Madison picked Panera, but Olivia quickly had her talked into changing her mind. What three year old picks Panera for her "fun" restaurant of choice for her birthday?!?!?

I, of course, left my camera at home so I don't have any pictures from dinner, but it was really fun. My mom and Grandma braved the snow and arrived from Buffalo just in time for dinner. Steve's parents and Grandma also joined us. There was the sweetest employee working at Chick-Fil-A and he treated the girls like royalty. He brought them balloons and ice cream...plus sang a happy birthday song to them.  It definitely made the night extra special.

On Saturday, we all got together again here at the house to open presents and have cake. Both kids were spoiled rotten and stayed up much later than usual (thanks to sugar highs). Since we were at home, I actually had my camera with me. I was too busy enjoying the girls to get as many pictures as I would have liked, but here are a few!

Madison

Madison and Olivia reading their cards

Grandma Cindy and Grandma Debbie

Olivia putting money into her new piggy bank from Nolie

Madison and LoLo

Olivia putting on a puppet show in her new puppet theater from Grandpa Ric and Grandma Debbie

LoLo, Madison, Nolie, Olivia, and Grandma Cindy watching a puppet show

5 comments:

suzannah | the smitten word said...

happy birthday girls! that puppet theater is awesome.

i've been so impressed with employees at chik fil a, too. it's nicer service than a lot of sit down places!

Jennifer Norch said...

Happy Birthday Maddie and Livie! Hope you had a great time celebrating with your family!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday girls!

Thanks for visiting our blog Heather. I will keep up to date with yours as well. Your girls are beautiful!

Annie said...

Sounds that weekend was full of fun.

I like the puppet theater, wonderful idea.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girls!!!