Tuesday, November 25, 2008

They're Coming...

Ah, how I love the holidays! I love all of the sounds, sights, tastes, and smells that are associated with this time of year. But most of all, I love the extra time that I get to spend with family and friends.

This year, Steve and I will be hosting our very first Thanksgiving. We finally have a home big enough to house a crowd and are truly looking forward to having everyone. And I do mean everyone. Steve suggested putting out an open invitation to both of our families and whoever could come would be able to join us the both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

This all translates to a Thanksgiving filled with my mom, Jim (her fiance), my dad, Wendy (my step-mom), Steve's mom and dad, and my Grandma (LoLo). Oh, and I can't forget the kids! While we are definitely going to have a housefull, we are really looking forward to being able to spend time together with everyone. After all, that's what the holidays are all about, right?

So, I send you all wishes of safe travels. We are looking forward to what will most likely prove to be a hectic, but fun-filled, love-filled, laughter-filled Thanksgiving!

No comments: