Until I met my new BFF...Jillian.

Jillian found me, really. One day I was innocently strolling the aisles of Target in search of the perfect gift, when BAM! She practically jumped off of the shelf and into my arms.
Instantly, I knew that she was exactly what I needed to turn this December around.
Starting today, I'm doing a slightly modified version of the 30-Day Shred. With the holidays being so busy, I know I'd be setting myself up for failure by trying to do the workout seven days a week. Instead, my goal is to get 5 workouts in each week. I took my measurements (GASP!) so I could track my progress over the next month. I'm hoping that doing this helps me to at least maintain my weight. Losing a little more would be a great bonus, but my goal is to not gain anything this holiday season.
With that said, workout number one was tonight and boy did it kick my butt! Jillian kept yelling at me (maybe she won't be my BFF after all) and I could hardly walk by the time it was over. I may or may not have been overheard yelling mean things right back at Jillian at about the 18 minute mark of the workout.
I'll keep you posted on my progress and whether or not I'm able to stick with this!
Until next time, I'll be shredding it!

3 comments:
Good luck! We hate Jillian at our house!
Good luck with the shred! It is part of one of my workout tools and I LOVE it... she's tough and it takes some time to really get into a routine that you stick to, but it is so worth it! If you end up liking the Shred, look into her other dvds. They've all become favorites. :)
Aaaand... to answer your question on the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls: I think they would be just fine if you made out the dough and left it, covered, overnight in the fridge. I think, ultimately, you'd have to roll out the dough and cut the rolls in the morning, as I don't know how they'd fair sitting in their pans all night. But, when the dough is ready and you're getting ready to roll them out and bake them, it virtually takes no time at all. Everyone will looove these! One thing, though, if you guys don't have thaaat much of a sweet tooth, I would recommend cutting down on the butter and sugar for the filling. You can use as much cinnamon as you want, but I used 3/4 C of granulated sugar and it was too much for my semi-sweet tooth. Maybe consider cutting down a little, or doing half white sugar and half brown. Either way, they are deliciously gorgeous!
hmmm, maybe i should try this out. i totally haven't been to the Y since my first trimester...and the babe is ten weeks old! sigh.
Post a Comment