Monday, December 15, 2008

It's the Little Things....

I LOVE the Christmas season. Steve, Maddie, Livie and I have spent our past few weeks shopping, decorating, baking, attending parties, wrapping, creating gingerbread houses...the list goes on and on and on and on and on. We have had an amazing time together and have truly enjoyed every moment of it, but boy, have we been busy.

Now we are slightly over a week away from Christmas and my "Christmas To Do List" is still three miles long. All of my favorite Christmas activities are finished, and remaining, I have my to do list that includes packing for Buffalo (we leave Friday) and cleaning/grocery shopping/planning for all of the visitors that arrive starting next Monday. These next few days are going to be a whirlwind of preparation, but the pay-off will be a wonderful week filled with family from near and far.

But tonight, although my to do list is literally screaming at me from the kitchen table, I have other plans in mind. I have Christmas music, two children softly snoring in their beds, a fire in the fireplace, a glass of red wine, and my husband who is waiting for me to cuddle with him on the couch...all of which have quickly drowned out the noise coming from the to do list. It's time to put this blog to rest!

No comments: