Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chattanooga Adventures

Last weekend we traveled down to Chattanooga, Tennessee to visit my Dad and step-mom. The first stop of our visit was the Chattanooga Aquarium, which is within walking distance of Dad and Wendy's condo in downtown Chattanooga. I mostly used my Dad's camera while we were there, but since they haven't been emailed to me yet (hint #2 if anyone is counting), I'm just using what I have...

Olivia and Grumpa checking out the otters

Olivia and Grumpa looking at a huge turtle (they were buddies for the day!)
When Wendy got home from work on Friday we ate dinner at the condo and then headed to their place on Lookout Mountain in Georgia.

Grumpa sharing his ice cream with two happy girls

Grumpa sharing MORE ice cream (this was a common sight throughout our trip)

Grumpa and Livie on Lookout Mountain

Steve and Maddie

Steve, Madison, Grumpa, and Olivia

Grumpa told the girls he'd give them a dollar for each acorn they found (note Steve helping them in the background) - Did Grumpa ever pay up?!?!?

Madison coloring Easter eggs

Livie coloring her eggs

Woo Woo needed a turn too!

Olivia checking out one of several Easter baskets on Easter morning (The Dad and Wendy Easter bunnies spoiled them rotten)

My girls in their Easter dresses (I love that the best picture I could get includes Olivia with a mouth full of chocolate and Madison doing what looks like the chicken dance)

My girls and me enjoying the sunshine

The start of the "2009 1st Annual Duck Races" through the water feature in Dad and Wendy's backyard

Woo Woo helping out two stuck ducks

Madison trying to rescue her duck again to help it win
Maddie and Woo Woo drawing with chalk
Sunday evening we said our goodbyes and headed for home. The kids were really good on the car trip there and back...especially when they were sleeping!

Madison

Olivia

The display screen in the car when we returned home...20 hours in the car...what a trip!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad that you had a good trip! Your pictures of the girls are so cute! I love the one of them in their Easter dresses ... so precious! Have a good week back at work ... it's almost SUMMER BREAK!

Logan and Brooklynn's Mommy said...

Love all the pics! Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing!