Sunday, March 22, 2009

And the winner is....

First of all, let me just say that I loved all of your responses! Very clever, indeed! Your responses made me quite happy that I initially posted that I would randomly draw a winner out of a hat, because it surely would have been difficult to chose my absolute favorite. The kids helped me get all of the numbers ready and we practiced reciting our numbers from 1-9.

Then, the kids helped me put all nine of the numbers into a "hat". Ok, so it was a pink bucker, not a hat. But seriously, this pink bucket is used as a hat more often than anything else, so I figured it would work!

Olivia quickly lost interest in the drawing, so that left Madison to pick a number out of the "hat". Note how seriously she's taking her job here!

And the winner is....although sideways...commenter #9...my Aunt Sally and cousin Amanda! They entered the contest with the very clever entry of a hilarious (yet slightly inappropriate to people outside of my family) picture of Olivia that was enhanced with PhotoShop. I'll gladly email the picture to anyone who'd like to see it! Congrats ladies! A Panera gift card for some yummy lunch is on it's way to you...soon!

Ahh...but the contest wasn't over yet. At least not in Olivia's mind. She decided to rejoin us and wanted a piece of the action. And since I was in a generous mood and loved all of your comments, I decided to let her draw a winner as well.

And the second winner? Commenter number 8 (Wendy) with a witty comment about having a birthday every year. Perhaps someone had a rough birthday this past year that she's struggling with?!?!?
A Panera gift card is yours as well...although since Panera is like a gluten nightmare...and again because I'm in that generous mood...I'll offer to make you some yummy gluten-free cookie bars if you would prefer those instead. Gift card or gluten-free goodness, take your pick! In all fairness to my first winner, I'll offer the same to you (but just between us, gluten is great, so I'd go with Panera if I were you)!
Thanks for playing along everyone! Keep commenting when you have a chance. It's nice hearing all that you have to say!
Until next time...

4 comments:

Melissa said...

OK...so I didn't win the contest, but I DO note the adorable outfits they are wearing that a certain someone got them for Christmas ;0)

I'd love to see the photo entry that won!

Sally Kaiser said...

Yeah!!!!!! So much fun - when is the next contest?

Grandma Cindy said...

Congrats Aunt Sally and Amanda! Looking forward to seeing the "enhanced" winning caption and photo. Knowing you two, I'm sure it's a good one!

Anonymous said...

How can I follow your blog? I can't find the follow button! :)