Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net" to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



This week I DID NOT procrastinate cleaning floors, doing dishes, finishing laundry, and grading papers so that I could spend WAY too much time reading blogs and catching up on Facebook. Nope, not me! My house is always spotless and I'm always caught up on my work!

This week I definitely DID NOT drink FIVE travel mugs filled with coffee just to help me make it through the day on Friday. Did I mention that all five mugs of coffee came before lunch time? I would never need that much caffeine to keep me functioning, sane, and somewhat pleasant. And I certainly DIDN'T spend half of the afternoon running down to the bathroom (thank you coffee!).

On Thursday night, I DID NOT start picking up the playroom, only to stop picking so that I could build a tower out of blocks. I DID NOT get a ridiculous amount of joy out of playing with my kids' toys while they weren't there to knock them down. I DID NOT then tear my own tower down so that no one would see the "evidence" of mommy's playtime.

I DID NOT let my children eat pasta, Cheerios, and crackers for dinner one night. I'm a good mother who always gives my kids well-balanced meals that feature a wide assortment of fresh veggies, fruit, protein, etc.! Upon their request, I DID NOT give them dip to accompany this meal, because ranch dressing would never be a good addition to all that grain.

I also DID NOT send just one prayer in Mindy and John's direction this past weekend. Instead, I sent at least ONE HUNDRED! And boy did the prayers pay off! After a stressful Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Grace Rebecca entered the world this morning at 7:30. She is 5 lbs. 10 oz. and 17 inches long. Both mom and baby are doing great! Congratulations to Mindy, John, and big brother Tony. Ahh...the power of prayer! : )

1 comment:

Jennifer Norch said...

hehe! I like the one about picking up/playing with the toys! Just wait until it's Barbies instead of blocks. You'll decide the Barbies need dressed (because you simply can't put them away naked!) And then once they're dressed, they'll need their hair done. I could spend hours "putting away" Kennedy's Barbies!